The main aim and focus of the trainings is to support critical raw material initiatives (CRM Act) to classify projects using UNFC and establish project inventories across Europe.
A program of systematic capacity building ensures that synergies are retained between the EU Member States and data on raw materials are collected consistently, and are of the required quality, across Europe. The development of UNFC capacity within the EU ICE SRM serves to facilitate and improve the handling and understanding in particular to:
- the further development of UNFC classified inventories across Europe that are consistent with the Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe (INSPIRE) for mineral resources;
- the comparability in national resource reporting, in particular the way resource quantities are classified according to UNFC and linked to different EU instruments, such as INSPIRE.
The EU ICE SRM is taking a step-by-step approach to increase the necessary capacity in all related areas, starting with CRM.
Our first target group are experts who are trained to become trainers. The trainings will be implemented in three level approach.
Level 2 – User need specifics (suitable for practitioners, builds up on Level 1 training)
- Using and developing bridging documents
- Reporting in line with CRMA requirements
- Case specific hands-on exercises
- Exercise on using the UNFC templates
Please contact [email protected] for more information about the training.